Sunday, June 7, 2015

Genius hour reflections

Process log

Week 1
          For the first week of starting my project I feel like I have got a lot of work done. I decided that I was going to create a sock that has pockets on the top and bottom of the sock so you could place in an ice pack and walk around with it on. Now you don’t have to take time out of your busy schedule to ice your feet. I have a list of all the materials that I need but I’m not sure that the ice pack will fit into the pockets.
Materials to create the socks
1.    2 pairs of socks one to wear on your feet and one to cut in half to create a pocket
2.    an ice pack
3.    a sewing kit
 Hopefully I can finish the socks by next week, but overall there were no problems so far.

Week 2

      I created the sock but I am having trouble finding something new to replace the icepack because it fits into the pocket but it is really hard and I slipped a couple of times because it wasn’t very comfortable to walk on. Then I replaced the icepack with a sponge but it was too thick to fit into the pockets. So I made gel pads with dish soap and placed it into a plastic bag and put them into the freezer. But if I put too much pressure on the gel pads they popped.           I am a little bit upset that I didn’t finish the model completely, so hopefully I can figure it out soon because I haven’t even started gathering the information for my speech yet.


Week 3

     I finally finished the socks. I decided to use Dr.Scholl’s heel cushions because they are soft and squishy so you can walk around with them on for a long period of time. They freeze and heat very well, and the ice or heat lasts for around 45 minutes. I am so happy that I finished the socks!! I have now started to research my information and I have found everything pretty easily. I only need a little bit more information and then I can start writing my speech.

Week 4

     I have finished finding all of the research and already put most of it into the speech. I am a little behind schedule because I wanted to start my poster by this week but I won’t rush through things because then it leaves more room for mistakes. My goal for next week is to finish the poster and memorizing the speech.

Week 5

     I have finished my speech and my poster but I still need to practice more before the presentation. I was having a bit of trouble finding the perfect introduction for my speech but I figured it out by watching a video on how to write the perfect speech. It was very similar to the one that you showed us in class. I am looking forward to the presentation because I want to show the class what I have been working in for the past month.


No comments:

Post a Comment