Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hockey Tryouts

(This is from the alien perspective, by the way.)
Well, I was supposed to try a club or team by the end of this week and I tried out for the hockey team. It went okay, I guess, but I didn't understand it. All these people off different sizes, and some of them were so fast. I felt like I had never played anything before compared to everyone else.
I do not expect to make it to the team because this is my first year with this weird skating thing, I could not get them to be tight to my feet, it was different.
Now people were also saying the team will be cancelled too, that is unfortunate because I might be able to make the team in years to come. I figured out that I was very behind and different than the others playing. I will go to the other tryouts however (if I am not cut) to see what they are like.

Josh

3 comments:

  1. Wow! It's great how you went into detail about the issues that are going on in your team. I hope they sorted out quickly. You can be more specific about what you were doing, like training, practices and upcoming games. I also noticed that went in to detail about how you were feeling when you went to the try-out. Your word choices are really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! it sounds like you really enjoyed the hockey tryouts. I like how you described how you felt in the tryouts. like Shirely said you should tell us more about the up coming events. overall the team seems like a positive environment and i would like to watch one of the games

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I like how you were honest about the hockey tryouts and listed both the negatives and the positives. I also like how you told us what you were thinking when you were there. It just seems like this post came straight from you, which I enjoyed. Only criticism I can give is that an alien probably won't know what hockey or skating is so you might want to go into a bit more detail about it. Other then that great post i liked it, looking forward to your future posts and i hope everything works out well for the hockey team.

    ReplyDelete